The European Institute of Psychotraumatology and Stress Management (IEP) is a third sector association founded in 2002 by Rita Erica Fioravanzo and other partners with the aim of bringing together Italian expert in Emergency Psychology and Psychotraumatology and training new psychologists, psychotherapists and doctors in these disciplines to offer patients highly specialized clinical treatments and carry out prevention and wellbeing projects with companies and public bodies.
Since 2002 we have been bringing together expert Italian professionals and training new psychologists, psychotherapists and doctors in emergency psychology and psychotraumatology.
The International context
IEP is the Italian partner of the DIPT (Deutsches Institut für Psychotraumatologie) of the University of Cologne, founded by Prof. Gottfried Fischer – the initiator of psychotraumatology as a scientific discipline -, under whose guidance Dr. Rita Erica Fioravanzo achieved her specialist training in Trauma Therapy in the 1990s.
Therefore, we use the Cologne Model for psychological support in critical events, psycho-traumatic counseling and psychodynamic trauma therapy.
The IEP is the reference for Italy of the international agency CCS (Corporate Counseling Services) which is a leading company in the sector specialized in EEAP (Employee Emergency Assistance Program) for the management of critical corporate and personal events.
We operate through agreements, public tenders and consultancy contracts with public and private bodies.
OUR team AND Intervention Areas
The IEP handles a roster of selected professionals trained in emergency psychology, stress management programs and psychotraumatology according to high methodological and quality criteria. From this roster come the collaborators who implement the IEP’s activities into different areas:
- Specialist training courses in the field of psychotraumatology and stress management for graduates in medicine and psychology (in collaboration with Italian and international Universities).
- Evaluation, monitoring and intervention programs in the field of work-related stress, mental health and well-being protection (using our Stress-Resilience Balance© model).
- Rapid intervention projects for psychological and psychotraumatic support following critical incidents (in favor of companies involved in critical sectors).
- Aviation Psychology Services for air companies (fixed and rotary wing), for the prevention and management of stressful situations and critical events, following the EASA regulation (Cat.Gen.MPA.215)
- Awareness, training and mental health promotion and prevention programs aimed at medical staff working in the field of urgency-emergency and critical health areas.
- Clinical activity of psychotraumatic diagnosis and treatment carried out with the Cologne Trauma Approach, carried out by our specialists.
- Supervision and training of psychosocial equipe and coordinators.
- Projects in the transcultural field: diagnosis and treatment of refugees and asylum seekers suffering from post-traumatic disorders and migratory stress.
- Research activities in the field of psychotraumatology and stress management (in collaboration with Italian and international Universities and preeminent research institutes).
- Collaboration in international development and emergency cooperation projects with a psychosocial focus (in partnership with Italian and international NGOs).
- Participation and organization of conferences, workshops, webinar and scientific dissemination activities in the field of prevention and treatment of chronic and traumatic stress